Toy Vehicles Information
If you love the great outdoors or being on the go, chances are, you probably have a recreational vehicle—or two. Maybe you have a boat or other personal watercraft. But, are they properly insured?
Sam Buentello Insurance Agency, Inc. is dedicated to helping you navigate your unique RV and boat insurance needs and find the right coverages for your situation. Contact us at 512-646-2691 today to learn more.
What insurance do you need for RVs and Boats?
While some aspects of insuring an RV or boat may be similar, the types of coverages that you can purchase for each may vary. Learn more about potential coverages for boat or RV insurance that may be available to you.
What Does RV Insurance Cover?
RV insurance can generally include protection matching the driving and property risks associated with your vehicle. Some of the coverage you might need to carry includes:
- Liability Insurance: This type of coverage helps insure you against damage you cause others if you are at-fault in a wreck. If your RV can be driven by itself, you must secure minimum amounts of auto liability insurance as set forth by Texas state law.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps pay for third-party medical bills (and in some cases deaths).
- Property damage liability coverage helps pay for third-party property damage.
- Collision Insurance: This type of coverage offers protection for repairing or replacing an RV after a collision with an object.
- Comprehensive Insurance: This type of coverage offers financial protection for repairing or replacing an RV following a covered incident that is not a collision (e.g., theft or fire).
- Personal Injury Protection: All Texas insurers must offer drivers a minimum amount of PIP coverage, but you may be able to waive this coverage. This type of coverage can help offer financial protection if you’re injured in a covered event.
- Uninsured/underinsured Insurance: Helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
- Campsite and Vacation Coverage: Helps cover liabilities associated with using the RV as a vacation property.
- Full Time Residence Insurance: Helps provide additional levels of coverage if you live in the RV permanently.
Other coverage offers help for roadside assistance, rental car coverage, and expenses protection like emergency hotel bills or other additional living expenses following a covered incident or claim.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
Although you are not legally required to carry any amounts of boat insurance by Texas law, your lender may require you to carry specific types of coverage. Additionally, being insured as a boat owner can help offer a level of financial protection if you were to experience a covered accident.
Boat insurance policies may vary, but the following coverage options may be available to you:
- Physical Damage: This helps cover the boat and its attached fittings and fixtures from fire, theft, vandalism, wind, hail and collision.
- Liability Insurance: This helps cover the cost of bodily injury and property damage the boater may cause to someone else in an accident.
- Guest Passenger Liability Insurance: This helps cover expenses if a permissible passenger causes an accident while operating the boat.
Your plan can also contain a host of other benefits like:
- Salvage Coverage
- Pollution Liability Insurance
- Tow Trailer Coverage
- Agreed Value Insurance
- Personal Effects Coverage
- Fishing Equipment Coverage
How Much Insurance Do I Need?
The amount of coverage that you may need for your boat or RV will be dependent on your unique situation. The value of your RV or boat, as well as other belongings, type of use, and location can affect the levels of coverage that you may need.
How Much Does Recreational Vehicle Insurance Cost?
The cost of your recreational vehicle policy will vary based on the RV or boat you are insuring, the value your location, driving record and scope of the policy you select. Contact Sam Buentello Insurance Agency, Inc today to discuss your unique insurance needs and obtain a custom quote.